Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pins Pins Pins

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-worst-jobs-in-history


Don't put up my Thread and Needle -- by Emily Dickinson
Don't put up my Thread and Needle --
I'll begin to Sew
When the Birds begin to whistle --
Better Stitches -- so --

These were bent -- my sight got crooked --
When my mind -- is plain
I'll do seams -- a Queen's endeavor
Would not blush to own --

Hems -- too fine for Lady's tracing
To the sightless Knot --
Tucks -- of dainty interspersion --
Like a dotted Dot --

Leave my Needle in the furrow --
Where I put it down --
I can make the zigzag stitches
Straight -- when I am strong --

Till then -- dreaming I am sewing
Fetch the seam I missed --
Closer -- so I -- at my sleeping --
Still surmise I stitch --

No comments:

Post a Comment